If you suffer from alopecia or any other form of hair loss, don’t fret, with a little education, and discipline, you can encourage your hair to grow back healthily.
Here are a few tips.
To create an internal environment for healthy hair growth, you must feed your body foods that are essential to building strong hair. Here are a few things to eat to ensure hair regrowth:
- Protein: Our hair is made up of 90% protein, so it is essential that we incorporate it into our diet. Leafy, green spinach has plenty of plant protein that will also do the trick.
- Add Iron and Zinc: Iron is responsible for transmitting oxygen to your hair follicles. It also helps your body use protein to grow and build strong hair. Zinc aids the body in repairing and growing hair. Natural sources such as peanut butter, pumpkin seeds and chickpeas are great.
- Eat Foods High in EPA and DHA: Adding healthy fats to your diet is extremely important for hair growth. Fat helps the body assimilate vitamins that are essential for healthy hair. Focus on eating unsaturated fats like Omega 3′s, often found in sea plants, eggs and fish.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is used in the body to build collagen which is essential for producing new hair cells. If you are deficient in vitamin C it can cause the hair to become weak and prone to breakage. A great source of vitamin C is bell peppers, kale, broccoli, and papaya.
- Biotin: Scientists aren’t quite sure how it works, but taking certain B vitamin supplements, like biotin, have been shown to increase hair growth. Biotin can be found in peanuts, almonds, eggs, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, walnuts and wild salmon.
- Silica: Silica is one of the most essential nutrients for the hair and skin. Silica helps the hair to retain its elasticity and also repairs damaged hair and follicles. Cucumber, mango, celery, asparagus. rhubarb are a great source of silica.