It is fall y’all. The leaves have changed from green to brown, a sign that the humid days of summer are behind. The beautiful colors of fall, come by way of dry temperatures, followed by months of extreme cold. Unfortunately, both the fall and winter season can wreak havoc on your skin.
Just because the environment is going thru changes, doesn’t mean your skin has to suffer. The climate of these seasons can cause your skin to peel, flake, crack, and itching. Caring for your skin is both an inside and outside job, and the formulas used to maintain its health changes from season to season.
To maintain for your skin during the fall/winter season you will:
· Drink a cup of very warm/hot water daily. This flushes out the toxins that are circulating throughout the body, and enhance blood circulation, and increases your skin elasticity. Lastly, drinking hot water energizes the nerve endings in your hair roots, keeping your hair supple soft and strong.
· Eat foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, this limits the water loss in your skin. Omega-3 also helps soften the appearance of wrinkles and aids your cells in the regeneration process. Omega-3 rich foods include tuna, olive oil, anchovies, walnuts, almonds and avocado.
· Bathe in lukewarm water. Lukewarm water lessens the amount of oil that is stripped from the skin.
· Moisturize immediately after your bath or shower. Doing this will seal the water from your shower into your skin.
· Exfoliate your skin. This keeps dry skin from accumulating and clogging your pores.
Check out our future blog posts for more tips on how to maintain your beauty- naturally.